India has met the 200 million (20 crore) mobile subscribers target four months ahead of schedule and 15 months after crossing the 100 million mark in May 2006.
8.31 million wireless subscribers were added in August 2007, taking the total wireless subscribers (GSM, CDMA, WLL-F) base to 201.29 million.
- Total telephone subscribers = 241.02 million
- Wireless subscriber base = 201.29 million
- Wireline subscriber base = 39.73 million
- Teledensity = 21.20%
- Bharti Airtel = 2.05 million new users, 46.8 million total
- Reliance Communications = 34.82 million users total
- Vodafone Essar = 1.67 million new users, 34.11 million total
- BSNL = 33.45 million users total
- Tata Tele = 18.90 million users total
- Idea = 17.87 million users total
Also Read: TRAI press release